Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mimi's FINGERS


(******bantaika meh penyinu sereta penyiru ati ngagai bala sida tu..***)


I am blind

all that i can see

my enchanted fingers bring to me,

As if all sight were mingled with all touch

i do not mind not-seeing very much.

In Braille i read the words these fingers trace,

And with them come to know your smile, your face,

Your buckled shoes, the silk-thread of your hair,

the fabric of each suit and dress you wear;

All shapes, all sizes, how long, how far, how high,

How round a bowl, how gently curved the sky,

How pointed the far tip-top of a hill,

the narrow table of a window sill.

I know a snowflake as a melting star,

The sticky-thick of honey and tar.

Color alone my fingers cannot do.

Could you, could you, tell me about blue?


by, Mary O'Neill

3 comments:

  1. gooddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd gooddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I memorized this poem when I was 11 😍

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena